The organization evolved from a single proprietorship in 1989 under the name J. Valerio Enterprises to GMV Corporation in 1992, a duly registered company with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). It has ventured into supply of materials, operating supplies and equipment as well as technical support services to the electronics and semiconductor manufacturing industry.
In 2003, two subsidiaries were established: G2 Technologies Corp. and Global Metal Ventures Corp. G2 Technologies allowed GMV to enter the manufacturing sector starting with carrier tapes for Tape & Reel processes. Global Metal Ventures, on the other hand, provided the service of recycling and proper disposal of industry scraps that had precious metal content. Both operations were PEZA registered and situated in Calamba Premiere International Park – Special Ecozone. Another branch of operation was subsequently registered in Mactan Ecozone on 2004 to service customers in Cebu. In 2005, GMV Materials was established also as a PEZA-registered company and dedicated initially to warehousing and distributorship of Henkel products for the semiconductor and electronics industry.
In 2010, GMV acquired the facility of Henkel in Laguna Technopark that had already been shutdown for a few years. This became the new and permanent home of GMV. Given the volatility of the semiconductor and electronics industry, GMV expanded its non-PEZA businesses by converting the Henkel building into leasable office spaces and warehouses and trading products for domestic industries. Given also the long and extensive experience in distributorship of products that required controlled storage conditions, GMV put up cold storages all over the country catering to both PEZA and non-PEZA businesses and providing either full distributorship or plain space and handling services.
GMV meticulously selects the products that the company will distribute under its name and care and develops expertise in delivering the services that the company includes in its portfolio because GMV identifies itself with its products and services. The company strives always to be the best in whatever it is doing.
GMV is a regular member of the Semiconductor and Electronics Industries of the Philippines, Inc. (SEIPI). The company’s quality management system is ISO 9001 certified.
- 1989 – Started as J. Valerio Enterprises
- 1992 – GMV Corporation, a duly SEC registered Company
- 2005 – GMV Materials Inc. was established as a PEZA-registered Company in CPIP Calamba, Laguna
- 2011 – GMV transferred to own property in Laguna Technopark Inc., Binan, Laguna.
- 2014 – GMV has been ISO 9001 certified by TUV Sud
- Be recognized by all stakeholders as a service provider with a passion for excellence and as the most reliable partner in the niche market we have chosen, with a commitment to ethical business practices, upholding human rights, maintaining safe workplace and behaviors, and preserving the environment.
- To grow the company’s business by 100% in the next 5 years and to render excellent value added service to all customers the “GMV” way.